Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not where I thought I would be but so where I need to be.

A lot has changed since I have last used this blog. I am no longer with Christian. We called off our engagement October 31 and officially broke up and stopped trying to work it out mid January. We have mutual respect for each other still but both know for the moment that its best we called it off. It was definitely hard to get use to at first even though I tried so hard to be strong about it and act like it didn't bother me. I was extremely hurt about the whole situation but who wouldn't be? The way we ended it on October 31st were definitely interesting but we wont go into that. At times I miss him but I think I miss the old him that truly loved me unconditionally. When we were good we were great. But then we became like fire and gasoline and you know those two don't mix. He is a great person and I wish the best for him. I know it was for the best and God was looking out for both of us. I guess in the end we weren't meant for each other and its better to find out now rather than later. 
I try to not let it hurt when I get calls, emails or even mail about reminders of my wedding I would have had. Even though the planning was becoming very stressful we pretty much had it planned and were getting help from family and friends. Now I'm more sad that I am the only single one of my really close friends in Arlington. They are either married or will be married by the end of this year. Its selfish but I want that too. 

BUT that's not in the cards for me this year so I'm going to have to just take this as a life lesson. 

Now my focus is to finish up my Respiratory Therapy program and to just have fun again. Living here in San Antonio that can be hard at times because people here are just so different from friends and family back home. People back home definitely cherish friendships a little more than here. 

I have been blessed to find a few fun friends from my RT program. Some of them sure are crazy and are definitely fun to hang out with and know how to cheer me up.  

I'm hoping to make lasting friendships but eventually end up back where my heart its in Arlington or maybe move to Georgia or South Carolina


I have recently decided its time to move on and start having FUN. so i will share a few of my craziness with the rest of the world. :)
Time for a fresh start and new attitude. So you just watch out!! I'm coming for ya! 

The very night we broke up. I had no clue it was coming here!

The Brand NEW me with a whole new attitude.

6 comments:

  1. I love you and I'm so proud of you for being strong. It was a hard decision to make, but you made it through the hard part. I hope that one day soon, you meet the man that will cherish you forever. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mom. You have definitely seen every emotion I have had dealing with this. Not where I thought I would be now a few months ago but God had a different plan for me.

    Time to have fun until I figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love It! Great place to write your feelings... looking forward to seeing your new attitude... not that the other was bad! =) Love Ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have you day, it just won't be on your timeline and believe ME, I know the frustration of that! However, you won't want it any other way, when the time does come...If you make a cake, you can eat the batter now and get a tummy ache, or wait until it's baked and enjoy it properly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As your second mom, i can truely say with all my heart that i love you and i'm so proud of you. I'm proud of what your accomplishing in school. But really for being true to yourself. As a mom, its very difficult to see your children get hurt in relationships and then continue to see them hurt when its over. God has the perfect man for you and waiting on him may be hard ,but he is never wrong( as you know.) It may be difficult to see your friends get married while your not, but I LOVE THIS PLACE YOU ARE IN NOW. "Sherri'" is a new women. Gosh, i just love you and it is wonderful to see you smile and find peace. love, aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Selena. Im going to have to use the cake metaphor.

    and Thank you Aunt Sherry. I love you so much and your words mean a lot to me. You are an amazing woman just like my mom.

    Love you ladies

    ReplyDelete